United Front Games is seeking a passionate Art Director to join our studio in Vancouver, B.C.
We are a PC and console video games developer, having delivered highly acclaimed titles such as Sleeping Dogs, ModNation Racers, LittleBigPlanet Karting and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. We have several titles in development and are looking for an accomplished visionary artist with solid artistic and visual leadership to help us build a stunning action-adventure video game.
The successful candidate will join a game team in a directive role and as such will be involved in decisions that affect the team as well as the company. We are looking for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual that can make plans and execute against those plans, delivering quality solutions.
- Set a concise vision for the Artists to follow, and work closely with Art, Design and product stakeholders to develop a visual standard
- Effectively communicate the Art vision and direction internally and externally
- Take an active role in the planning of the project; from preparing design documentation, conceptual drawings, reference material and storyboards to defining and planning the scope of work
- Break down the game design into required art assets, establish and enforce the art production pipeline. Establish clear roles for all Artists on the team
- Take ultimate responsibility for the successful completion of art-related tasks
- Positively influence art team morale and maintain a productive work dynamic
- Supervise general art production and deliverables
- Manage a team of Artists
- Considerable experience working in video game art
- Considerable professional experience in the role of a Lead Artist or Art Director
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills
- In-depth hands-on experience in all aspects of Art production
Apply with your resume and digital portfolio showcasing relevant artistic skills.