The Visual Effects Artist is responsible for the design and creation of high quality 2D & 3D effects and the performance of other particles in the game system/ editor.
- Work with the Art Director and other Artists to help define the visual direction for the project. This may include reference gathering, prototyping, producing visual targets, and documentation.
- Review Artistsâ€™ work with the AD on a regular basis.
- Utilize both commercial and proprietary software tools, create visually stunning 2D & 3D effects in a real time, multi-platform game development environment.
- Build and animate 3D objects to represent in-game destruction events.
- Collaborate with art and design teams on game engine capabilities and limitations to achieve highest quality effects.
- Design and create in-game and pre-rendered special effects and post production work.
- Support the Lead Artist in managing quality levels and day-to-day work.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Particle systems, dynamics, shaders, 3D software package proficiency (Maya, XSI, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.), scripting.
- At least 2Â years of game development experience working as a VFX Artist.
- Able to make good recommendations and develop best practices from past learning experience.
- Able to quickly master proprietary tools and development processes, and then create technical documents and tutorials.
- Take initiative to mentor and/or host Art Talks and share best practices with team members to help everyone be better.
- Informally review the work of others and offer constructive feedback to ensure the overall quality of the project.
- Work under very little or no supervision from the Lead.