Reporting to the Lead Server Programmer and collaborating closely with the programmers and operations people on the project, the Database Systems Administrator is focused on the implementation, performance and scalability of back-end database systems and IT infrastructure necessary to operate a game service.
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation and integration of database and application systems with overall game platform and client.
- Tune database performance and optimize queries.
- Implement backup and monitoring services on Linux based Database systems.
- Implement configuration and deployment scripts using Run Deck and Ansible for AWS cloud deployments.
- Help to implement, integrate and maintain automated Analytics ETL processes between telemetry sources and analytics tools.
- Gather and analyze requirements, formulate tasks and provide estimates, communicate risks and propose solutions.
- Work with the Lead Server Programmer and Project Manager to plan and schedule releases.
- 7+ years of experience working in a technical role such as development or system administration, for projects functioning in a live environment.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining database systems, focused particularly on performance, scalability and reliability.
- Experience with Linux system administration, configuring and monitoring multiple servers.
- Experience implementing scalability and performance optimizations including: improving database design, I/O optimization, sharding, partitioning and replication.
- Experience with real-time or near real-time analytics and data extraction.
- Knowledgeable in the following database technologies: Postgres, Redis. Other RDBMS a bonus (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL).
- Knowledge of C#, Node.js and shell scripting languages a bonus.
- Knowledge of Dimensional Design and Data Warehouse principles a bonus
- Must be eligible to work in Canada